Monday, March 2, 2009

Home cinema

Last week I finally bought a projector. I'd been after one for some time, but didn't have the budget. I finally found a great quality £250 one and snapped it up straight away.

Without wanting to sound like a total geek, it really feels like finally one of the voids in my life has been filled. Watching films is one of the things I care most about in my life, and so the ability to watch them projected large onto a wall is phenomenal. It's like now I don't have to think that I should go and watched something at the cinema just to get that cinematic experience that you miss by watching films on the TV. I'm really recommending this to anyone who'll listen. Previously, I'd always said that the all I needed in my own flat (the art nouveau one in Paris which I'll one day own) were a grand piano, a chandelier and a wine rack (including wine). Now all I care about is my projector and the paraphenalia needed to get it going. I'm currently plotting a mvoe abroad and while I know that to include a small projector in a small case I'll be taking to start my life abroad might seem strange or indulgent, to me, it's like as long as I can go home at night and watch things that inspire me, then I'm happy and I don't care if I've only got one pair of trousers and a toothbrush.

No comments:

Post a Comment