Monday, September 28, 2009

A Shaded View on Fashion Film

Following on from my article on Diane Pernet earlier this year, I attended her Fashion Film festival yesterday, catching the Competition sections entitled 'Reflection' and 'Communication'. The festival aims to showcase moving image works featuring fashion, a domain so traditionally associated with the still image. I think it's a great idea and I saw some massively inspiring clips. Below are some of my favourites and you can read more about the festival here.

Way Too Blue - Pelican Video

This blew me away - takes fashion advertising to a whole new level, although I wish I could have appreciated it when it came out (05/06) and the track wasn't overplayed!



Gareth Pugh AW09 - Ruth Hogben

This is what happens when 2 immensely talented creators join forces - astounding, especially at 6:40.



Mareunol's Nightmares

This struck a chord - love the girl hanging on the washing line.





Flora Gucci - Chris Cunningham

Was a bit disappointed to realise that this was an ad at the end! But Chris Cunningham strikes gold again.



Making of



Le Coq Sportif - Born to Film

Alas this isn't available to embed but you can watch it here. It was less the video than the incredible music that enchanted me here. The track (Boxon Say Hello by Eclier) is available to hear on Spotify.

Finally I was dazzled by "Chapter 12: Velvet Revolution" by Andrea Splisgar - it was premiered at the festival and unsurprisingly isn't available online yet but as soon as it is, I'll let you know.


Looking forward to the Award Ceremony at the Pompidou Centre now on October 8th...

No comments:

Post a Comment